My kids love tuna salad sandwiches, and I decided to make it with canned salmon this time. It was a great little lunch/snack for the kids. I decorated mine with chili sauce, while the kids had theirs with tomatoe ketcup. Served with sweet potatoe chips and seedless green grapes.
1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
4 tsp capers, rinsed and chopped
1 tsp grated lime zest
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6-8 small cans salmon packed in water, drained
1/3 cup each finely chopped celery and red onion
Whisk mayonnaise, capers, lemon zest and juice, and pepper in a bowl until blended. Stir in tuna, celery and onion.
Recipe adapted from Woman's Day magazine.
I also got tagged this morning by my gf Little Corner of Mine, and decided to add this on as I don't know when I'll be able to get to the computer again with the busy weekend ahead. So here goes...
1. A movie that made you laugh. Wild Hogs....those silly men!
2. A book that made you cry. Haven't had time lately, but I remembered the last one was The House of Mirth...."The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth."
3. A Best Friend. Hubs.
4. A favorite childhood memories. Listening to my grandma's stories.
5. Your favorite animal. Hubs!
6. Your favorite food. See-Food-And-Eat-Food.
7. An item of clothing you cannot do without. Clean Underwear!
8. Something you collect. Kitchen gadgets
9. Your favorite store to shop in. I shop online at different sites. :)
10.Your favorite flower. Rose
I'm tagging my dear blogger friends: